Re: [Exim] Relay problem with exim (was Problema con exim)

Author: Dave C.
To: Héctor Garcia Peris
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Relay problem with exim (was Problema con exim)
<-- Warning: charset 'X-UNKNOWN' is not supported -->

On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, [iso-8859-1] H?ctor Garcia Peris wrote:

> At 11:44 05/12/01 -0500, you wrote:
>

> >You need to put *The IP addresses(es)* of the users workstations in
> >host_accept_relay. Relaying controls are based on IP addresses, or some
> >sort of password checking mechanism (SMTPAUTH, or POP-before-SMTP)
>
> How can I enable the password checking mechanism with exim?

Look in the spec for "SMTP AUTHENTICATION".. You may also want to search
the mailing list archives for the same.

Its not so much as an 'enable' concept - you have to configure it -
since there are lots of different ideas as to what constitutes a user
and where and how their password is kept.