Re: [Exim] Sending messages with different priorities

Autor: Sheldon Hearn
A: Enrico Zini
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Sending messages with different priorities

On Mon, 10 Dec 2001 17:23:31 +0100, Enrico Zini wrote:

> I'm using the debian woody package, and I wouldn't like to recompile
> exim. Now I set exim_user in the "bulk" config file to www-data and
> gave the spool and log directories to the www-data user. In that way
> everything works, included mailq -C /path/to/my.cfg. Is this ok or are
> there any extra precautions I should take?

I'm not sure. I'd have thought you'd trip up on something. Personally,
I'd definitely go through the extra pain of ensuring compile-time
defaults for exim_user and exim_group.

You can see whether you already have compile-time defaults by leaving
these two options unset in the configuration file and doing:

    exim -bP | grep -E '^exim_(user|group)'

Ciao,
Sheldon.