[Exim] Sending messages with different priorities

Página Inicial
Autor: Enrico Zini
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [Exim] Sending messages with different priorities
Hello,

Many services we offer at our site involve sending mail to our site
users. Wrt. exim, the site users are not local users.

Right now the mail server runs exim and we are very happy about it:
sending our morning press review takes about an hour when before it took
half of a day, and everybody is very pleased.

Inside this huge mail queue, we have the problem that we sometimes need
to send single personal messages, and they should be delivered ASAP.
Now they are getting added to the queue, but if a big mailing run is
going on, they might wait for some time to be delivered.

Is it possible to make some messages to be inserted at the top of the
queue, or be delivered as soon as they arrive?

This could be controlled as you wish, be it with an header specifying
the message priority or with an hack like inventing an high priority
domain 'e.g. .urgent' that gets stripped before delivery, or whatever
you might like best.

Another option would be running a different mail server on another box
and then use that for priority messages, but we'd like to keep all mail
processing in one place.

Thanks in advance.

Bye, Enrico

--