Re: [Exim] Reject Log Message

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Stephen Woodbridge
CC: exim list
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Reject Log Message
On Sun, 9 Dec 2001, Stephen Woodbridge wrote:

> Kudos:
> I have been running exim for about a month. It works greats and was easy
> to build and config. Thank you for a way cool product.

Thank you.

> Problem:
>
> 2001-12-05 11:22:30 SMTP call from linus (linus.swoodbridge.com)
> [10.1.1.4] dropped: too many unrecognized commands

This means that Exim received more than 5 unrecognized SMTP commands.
This check exists in order to protect Exim from a security hole in other
software. I am not sure what the publicity status of that particular
hole is, so I won't describe it here.

> I just turned on log_smtp_syntax_errors in hopes that I'll get more
> info.

That's the right thing to do. It should tell you what the broken commands
are.