[Exim] Re: Lock Failure on mailbox

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Odhiambo G. Washington
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Re: Lock Failure on mailbox
--
* Suresh Ramasubramanian <mallet@???> [20011210 09:20]: wrote:
> +++ Odhiambo G. Washington [exim-users] <10/12/01 08:29 +0300>:
> > This is probably an FAQ but I haven't seen it happen before. Suppose there
> > is a lock on a mailbox (by a POP session, most probably), is Exim supposed
> > to bounce e-mails arriving at that particular moment? Or maybe I'm having
> > a problem with my POP3 daemon overstaying a lock??
>
> Why should it bounce things? It should ideally queue the mail and try
> again later. Check the permissions on that thing - and also try fuser to
> determine what's locking that mbox.

All my mailboxes are mode 600 owned my user with group changed to mail.

wash@ns2 ('tty') ~ 5 -> ls -al /var/mail/sbgroup
-rw------- 1 sbgroup mail 4027 Dec 10 09:57 /var/mail/sbgroup
wash@ns2 ('tty') ~ 6 -> ls -al /var/mail/wash
-rw------- 1 wash mail 8520951 Dec 10 09:53 /var/mail/wash

I run vm-pop3d. It's probably the one overstaying the lock on the mailbox.
What I still am clueless about is how long the lock is supposed to remain
in force ;)

I guess I should report this issue to the maintainer. I never had this previously
and the only change is the POP3 daemon.

-Wash

S y s t e m s A d m i n i s t r a t o r
--

Odhiambo Washington    /"\    RED Ribbon Campaign
Wananchi Online Ltd.,    \ /    Against AIDS.

++
If you don't have a nasty obituary you probably didn't matter.
        -- Freeman Dyson