Re: [Exim] Re: Could idn-data be renamed to avoid spam?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Odhiambo Washington
To: Randy Bush
CC: Exim Users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Re: Could idn-data be renamed to avoid spam?
--
* Randy Bush <randy@???> [20011209 03:33]: wrote:
> i generally configure a majordomo list as
>
>     foo: "|/usr/local/majordomo/wrapper resend -l foo foo-data"
>     foo-data: :include:/usr/local/majordomo/lists/foo
>     foo-request: "|/usr/local/majordomo/wrapper majordomo -l foo"

> spammers have found that, though foo is subscribers-only, foo-data is a
> spammable target.
>
> what's the best way to block that?
>
> randy

Hello Randy,

From the FAQ, I think Q9807 is a better approach to get a solution. Of course there
could be another way ;-)

<cut>
Q9807: I have someuser@??? that I only want certain users to be able to mail to.
How do I accomplish this?

A9807: This is a transport:

bounce:
           driver  = autoreply
           from    = postmaster@???
           to      = $sender_address
           user    = exim
           subject = "Re: Your mail to ${local_part}"
           text    = "You are not allowed to mail to ${local_part}."

This is a director that should come before all the others:

special_user:
           driver = smartuser
           local_parts = someuser
           transport = bounce
           senders = !: !lsearch;/list/of/permitted/senders

Note that leading "!:" in senders. It allows the null sender <> to be valid
(i.e. not to match this director). This is necessary, since bounce messages
have null senders. All other permitted senders must be in the file as complete
addresses, including a domain.
</cut>

I did not think deeply about this but I've a feeling that since the response
is to spammers, there may be no need for one. So maybe in the transport you
can use an alias address in the from = nerds@???, where in the aliases
file you have

nerds:        /dev/null

because you don't want spammers replying to you, yes?

-Wash

S y s t e m s A d m i n.

--
Odhiambo Washington  <wash@???>    "The box said 'Requires
Wananchi Online Ltd.  www.wananchi.com      Windows 95, NT, or better,'

++
Nothing is illegal if one hundred businessmen decide to do it.
        -- Andrew Young