Re: [Exim] Re: Malformed SMTP response

Autor: Marc Haber
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Re: Malformed SMTP response
On Sat, 08 Dec 2001 13:55:56 +0000, Chris Thompson
<cet1@???> wrote:
>Marc Haber <exim-users.exim.org@???> writes:
>> People keep saying that this is a spam filtering measure.
>
>So refer them to RFC 2505 section 2.6.1. Except that they will never
>have heard of RFCs, of course...

The worst kind of them know they're violating RFCs, and keep claiming
this is their only way to keep their spam amount down. Idiots.

>>                                                           Clueless
>> idiots, and I can't even block them :-(

>But why not? If you mean automated blocking, then that's what callback
>during verification is for.

My clients would kill me for filtering legitmate mail.

Greetings
Marc