Re: [Exim] Re: Malformed SMTP response

Author: Chris Thompson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Re: Malformed SMTP response
Marc Haber <exim-users.exim.org@???> writes:
> On Wed, 5 Dec 2001 16:58:59 -0500 (EST), "Dave C." <djc@???>
> wrote:
> >Well, they they (or their MTA software) are braindead. MAIL FROM:<> is
> >*required* to be accepted, and it is how bounces are REQUIRED to be
> >sent..
>
> This is becoming scaringly common nowadays :-(

It was never exactly rare. In the {Good|Bad} Old Days it was usually the
result of a certain common error in sendmail.cf.

> People keep saying that this is a spam filtering measure.

So refer them to RFC 2505 section 2.6.1. Except that they will never
have heard of RFCs, of course...

>                                                           Clueless
> idiots, and I can't even block them :-(

But why not? If you mean automated blocking, then that's what callback
during verification is for.

Chris Thompson
Email: cet1@???