Re: [Exim] Setting maildir with Exim under Linux

Author: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Setting maildir with Exim under Linux
On Thu, 06 Dec 2001 09:49:09 +0000, "Wahib Nackad"
<wahibn@???> wrote:
>I would like to configure my Exim configuration file to use maildir instead
>of the default mbox under Linux. I compiled Exim with support for maildir
>without problem. Now I don't know what rule/lines/parameters/etc to change
>into my Exim config file to enable the maildir feature under Linux. I think
>it is under the TRANSPORTS CONFIGURATION part of the configuration file but
>cannot find any info/help/example on how to do it.

maildir_delivery:
  driver                        = appendfile
  directory                     = LOCAL_MAILDIR
  maildir_format                = yes
  from_hack                     = false
  check_string                  = ""
  prefix                        = ""
  suffix                        = ""
  create_directory              = yes
  create_file                   = "belowhome"
  directory_mode                = 0700
  mode                          = 0600
  delivery_date_add             = yes
  envelope_to_add               = yes
  return_path_add               = yes

>1) Can I use /var/mail as the default spool directory for all users?

Yes, but I'd only use that for maildirs that don't have a correponding
UNIX account.

>2) What should be the correct permission mode of this directory?

That depends if your users have local shell accounts and on your
general policy.

Greetings
Marc