Re: [Exim] Exim, Seg Faults and DB-4

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Matthew Hambley
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim, Seg Faults and DB-4
On Fri, 7 Dec 2001, Matthew Hambley wrote:

> I had installed Berkeley DB v3.3 (or there-abouts) but on discovering that
> there was a v4 I installed that in the hope that it would clear up the
> problem.

I didn't know there was now a v4. I have not tried it. (In fact the
latest v3 I have used is 3.1.14.)

> Compiling proved tricky as an enumerated type withing the db
> headers includes the name DB_LOCK_TIMOUT which is #defined in
> exim/src/config.h.

Sigh.

> The resultant exim still seg faults every time it tries to connect to
> demons SMTP server though. I have now run out of ideas so any suggestions
> greatfull accepted.

Post, or send to me, the output of

exim -d11 -M <message id>

where <message id> is a message that should be sent to the server.

Before you do this, try (as root)

rm /var/spool/exim/db/*

just in case there is wreckage there.