Re: [Exim] conceptual auth problem

Autor: Dave C.
A: Tamas TEVESZ
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] conceptual auth problem
I think section 35.5 of the spec is what you are looking for.. It seems
to describe exactly what you need, although with a slightly different
mechanism..

You only put the hosts in the 'authenticate_hosts' (which is in fact
exactly the option you use in the transport config..)

Then take a look at sections 36.2 and 37.2..

Then, when exim connects to any server specified there, that announces
auth support, it look for an auth method in your list of configured
authenticators which matches.

Remember that the variables
$remote_host and $remote_host_address are available for expansions. in
the client_send option of the plaintext authenticator, and the
client_name and client_secret options.

If you have different user/pass combinations for different servers, you
would have to use them in, for example, an lsearch lookup witht he
remote host name or IP as the key