Re: [Exim] questions

Author: Dave C.
To: slinksi
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] questions
What you want is a security hole. MAIL FROM: is trivially forgable. If
you set this up, spammers will eventually find you, and then will use
MAIL FROM: postmaster@???. SO in addition to being a spam
relay, about half of the people receiving their spam will be too
clueless to read the headers and will assume the spam came from your
company.

A way to do this that does not make you a security hole is to use SMTP
AUTHENTICATION. This requires senders of mail that want to relay through
your server to provide an id/password (most modern mail clients support
doing this), then, only your users/customers will be able to relay
through your server.