Re: [Exim] Please help with understanding rejected mail head…

Author: Jochen Erwied
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Please help with understanding rejected mail headers
hanasaki@??? (Hanasaki JiJi) wrote in
news:3C0F8572.7000208@???:

>Below is a log msg from an admin who is running sendmail and a
>listserv "majordomo?". I send email to alot of groups, people and
>listservs without problem. This admin tells me that there is a
>problem with my exim config.

He may be right. Checking the whole thing manually gives:
You should be able to test this yourself.

---snip
gate:~ # telnet hanaden-smtp.dyndns.org smtp
Trying 65.26.126.218...
Connected to hanaden-smtp.dyndns.org.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 Secured EMail ESMTP
helo joe
250 portal.home.hanaden.com Hello port-213-148-152-119.reverse.qsc.de
[213.148.152.119]
mail from:<>
250 <> is syntactically correct
rcpt to:<joe@???>
550 relaying to <joe@???> prohibited by administrator
rcpt to:<hanasaki@???>
250 <hanasaki@???> is syntactically correct
data
354 Enter message, ending with "." on a line by itself
.
550 rejected: there is no valid sender in any header line (envelope
sender is <>)
---snip
--
Jochen Erwied <jochen.erwied@???> Phone: +49-2151-7294-24
mbs GmbH, Roemerstrasse 15, 47809 Krefeld     FAX:   +49-2151-7294-50