Re: [Exim] sender_verify does not block invalid domains

Autor: Stuart Gall
A: Nigel Metheringham
CC: Exim Mailing List
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] sender_verify does not block invalid domains
Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> On Thu, 2001-12-06 at 14:18, Stuart Gall wrote:
> [...]
> > I have added a linux system (leuy) to handle incoming SMTP so I can use
> > exiscan to scan for viruses, if the mail is OK it just passes it on to
> > heuy for delivery. (leuy is V3.33 too)
>
> [...]
> > Now leuy for some reason sender verify does not work. There was an issue
> > with reverse dns not being configured correctly to get the name of the
> > DNS server but I have fixed that now. Still invalid senders are
> > accepted.
>
> So the routers for leuy are a catchall which passes everything on, so
> from its point of view *everything* is deliverable, and so does pass the
> verify tests!
>
> When you verify a sender address (or any address) you see if you are
> able to deliver it... which you can!
>
> Solution is to mark your catchall router with no_verify, so now you
> reject everything, wonderful!
>
> If you also want to allow some things through, add a standard dns router
> (ie steal the one from your other box), and add a verify_only flag to
> that.

Thanks.
Yes I was routing everything to heuy, but in fact the solution is
easier. There is no reason to route everyting to heuy. I have added a
router for our domain to go to heuy and all other domains which should
only be DSNs to go direct. This is even better because I dont want DSNs
to go through heuy.

MANY MANY MANY Thanks.

--

Stuart Gall.