Re: [Exim] Re: Malformed SMTP response

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Suresh Ramasubramanian
CC: Matthew Byng-Maddick, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Re: Malformed SMTP response
On Thu, 6 Dec 2001, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> That is, there isn't an exim option to turn off ESMTP for a specific host?
> Sending a HELO instead of EHLO will get rid of the pipelining issue very
> effectively indeed :)

Indeed, but there is no such option.

Turning off EHLO also loses you other things, such as AUTH and SIZE
support, so you don't really want to turn of pipelining that way.

Anyway, I'm not in favour of this option. IMHO it's too far over the
line of supporting broken SMTP implementations.