Re: [Exim] reject message

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Brown
CC: Exim List
Betreff: Re: [Exim] reject message
On Thu, 6 Dec 2001, Brown wrote:

> is it at all possible to change this message:
>
> "This message was created automatically by mail delivery software (Exim).

> recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:"

Chapter 39 "Customizing error and warning messages".

> to something a tad more human? (a request from the powers that be...)

But Exim is not human. If you change the message to "Hi, I'm your local
friendly Exim mail server. Sorry about this, but there was a problem
delivering your message..." you will get confused users replying to it,
assuming they are corresponding with a human. In fact, we find we get
is coming from an automaton. Messages like "Sorry, I misyped the
address. I hope I didn't waste too much of your time." Yes, really!