Re: [Exim] Re: Malformed SMTP response

Autor: hoh
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Re: Malformed SMTP response
On 5 Dec, Dave C. wrote:

>> No. After changing "MAIL FROM:<>" to "MAIL
>> FROM:<postmaster@???>" they accepted the mail.

> Well, they they (or their MTA software) are braindead. MAIL FROM:<> is
> *required* to be accepted, and it is how bounces are REQUIRED to be
> sent..

I know. I sent an email with a complaint about that (and the protocol
error with the blank line) to their postmaster. That mail bounced due
to a full mailbox. I guess they have more problems than a braindead
MTA configuration.

I wont bother with them any more. One co-worker has a domain registered
with them and it works as long as I don't bounce mails to them. The
reason for the original bounce was that he tested the virus blocking
by sending a test mail. I don't think the problem with MAIL FROM:<>
will disturb me as long as he doesn't try to send any more viruses. :-)

--
Göran Larsson     hoh AT mitt-eget DOT com