Re: [Exim] system_filter_exim + relaying through provider's …

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: ScaryG
To: Malcolm Ferguson
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] system_filter_exim + relaying through provider's SMTP
On 5 Dec 2001 at 12:28, Malcolm Ferguson wrote:

> Your problem that you describe is one of the reasons why I left
> Sympatico. I kept getting bounce messages frozen in my mail queue.

Using sendmail, this was never a problem.

In fact, I can still quite easily send and receive email since
switching over to Exim, the only problem are messages caught by the
filter will not have their warning emails delivered to the original
sender. It gets rejected by sympatico as a relay attempt.

This really isn't a must-resolve problem. Frankly, if something gets
caught by the filter, lives frozen for a few days and then gets
deleted I really don't care. It's just a home machine I use for
development purposes.

I was just curious and hopeful there was something that needed to be
changed in the filter.

> Some months ago I looked up the MX record for the sympatico.ca domain.
> I randomly tried an IP from that (I think it was a bellglobal.com
> hostname) and found that I could now relay bounce messages.

Yeah, if do a nslookup on smtp1.sympatico.ca I get back 3 different
IP numbers, but all 3 are rejecting the bounces, I checked the logs.

It's really not a big issue, I'm the only one receiving emails to
this box so I think I'll just leave it.

Gf.
Gerry Freymann - Senior Systems Manager
eagle.ca Internet Services www.eagle.ca