Re: [Exim] can I use exim filters if I'm not the admin?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: dman
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] can I use exim filters if I'm not the admin?
On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 02:23:58PM +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:
| On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, dman wrote:
|
| > I want to try out exim's filter capabilities and compare it to
| > procmail.  The hitch I'm having is that I'm not an admin on the
| > school's system, so I'm trying to get exim to run just as my user,
| > using my home directory as the "root" of the fs.  I was able to edit
| > Local/Makefile and build exim, but I get various permission errors.
| > If I set EXIM_UID and EXIM_GID to my UID and GID, I get
| >
| >     2001-12-04 21:44:28 16BS2e-0006et-00 Unable to get root to set uid
| >             3283 and gid 6 for local delivery to dsh8290: uid=3283 euid=3283
| >     2001-12-04 21:44:28 16BS2e-0006et-00 failed to read delivery
| >             status for dsh8290@??? from delivery subprocess
|
| Set    security=unprivileged    in your Exim configuration.

I tried this, but it didn't work. Exim still wants to be suid root so
it can then switch to my UID/GID. I do have it working though :

    o   comment out the body of exim_setugid() in exim.c
    o   comment out lines 1396 through 1401 in deliver.c
    o   comment out lines 2269 through 2270 in readconf.c

In the configuration I needed to set local_delivery to use a path that
I can make directories in (according to the error message). (not
using filters yet, just trying to test delivery) I changed
/var/spool/mail/${local_part} to
/home/stu12/s18/dsh8290/var/spool/mail/${local_part}. Obviously with
this setup I can't use exim to send a mail to any user on the system
other than me.

It would be nice if there was a configuration option to set in the
Makefile that would disable all UID checking and changing.

To answer Yann's concern, getting the messages to exim is as easy as
getting them to procmail. In my .forward file I currently have

    "|exec /home/stu12/s18/dsh8290/bin/procmail"

All I need to to do use exim is replace "procmail" with "exim". I
changed ".forward" in the config file to ".exim_filter" as well.

(BTW, the config file I keep mentioning came from my Debian system and
was originally generated by 'eximconfig' for "smarthost relay with
local delivery")

-D

--

Failure is not an option. It is bundled with the software.