Re: [Exim] Re: Malformed SMTP response

Autor: hoh
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Re: Malformed SMTP response
On 5 Dec, Matthew Byng-Maddick wrote:

> No, it's a serious bug in the remote end, see my other explanation of
> this, and the idea that you should still hit the remote admin over the
> head with a large paper copy of RFC2821 and RFC2822.

After some more tests I have determined that they do not like
the MAIL FROM:<>. After inserting an address the dialogue
continues like this:

MAIL FROM:<postmaster@???>
250 ok
RCPT TO:<user@???>
250 ok
data
354 go ahead
Subject: test

test
.
250 ok 1007570288 qp 11770
quit
221 mx13.nameplanet.com

Seems they have two things to fix, accepting <> and don't emit empty line
before the "553 listed as badmail".

Anyone recognize the MTA they are using? The "250 ok 1007570288 qp 11770"
is new to me.

--
Göran Larsson     hoh AT mitt-eget DOT com