Re: [Exim] Re: Request for anti-spam feature in exim4

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Carl Inglis
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Re: Request for anti-spam feature in exim4
On Wednesday 05 December 2001 3:46 pm, you wrote:
<snip>
> The only sticking point I've thought of so far is any MTA that will
> accept the mail and reject later; this is rather evil, but I'm sure
> an exceptions database could be maintained (and every so often
> these checked also via a manual check).

<snip>

I know of at least one MTA which (in a certain configuration) will
accept anything and silently drop it in the bit bucket. My employers
IS Manager is a little less than clueful about SMTP and other
internet protocols, and he had me relay test our server after he
claimed he had secured it against relay.

It's a sExchange 5.5 Swerver box, and it did exactly that - it took
my message, said Thanks Very Much and then silently dropped it. I
queried it with him and he told me that that was what his books said
it would do.

And since this employer happens to use your employers as an ISP, you
can see why I spent two years kicking and screaming to get this
loophole closed. (And I'm employed as a sodding programmer, not an IS
bod! </rant>)

Carl