Re: [Exim] Multiple MySQL databases and hosts

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Ollie Cook
Para: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Multiple MySQL databases and hosts
On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 02:30:45PM +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Dec 2001, Peter Galbavy wrote:
>
> > Phil - I have since forgotten what is happening in v4 - any changes to DB
> > support ?
>
> No. At least, nothing very significant.
>
> The *SQL support started out as MySQL support which was then modified
> for PostgreSQL and (for Exim 4) Oracle. The list of servers was intended
> for redundancy purposes. I certainly never thought of people wanting to
> look up different things in different servers, and definitely not in the
> way suggested by the original poster.

Claranet has a logical distinction between dial-up accounts and business
accounts. The dial-up data all being stored in one database and all the
business data in another (business, in this regard being where the domains
come in).

> After all, isn't the whole point
> of a database that you put *all* your data in it?

I can't believe that Claranet are alone in having different types of data
in different structures on different physical servers.

Ollie

--
Oliver Cook    Systems Administrator, ClaraNET
ollie@???               020 7903 3065