[Exim] Re: Malformed SMTP response

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [Exim] Re: Malformed SMTP response
+++ hoh@??? [exim-users] <05/12/01 15:44 +0100>:
> Trying a delivery results in this (part of dialogue):
> Connecting to mx15.nameplanet.com [62.70.3.45.25] ... connected
>   SMTP<< 220 mx15.nameplanet.com ESMTP
>   SMTP>> EHLO mail.mitt-eget.com
>   SMTP<< 250-mx15.nameplanet.com
>          250-AUTH=LOGIN
>          250-PIPELINING
>          250 8BITMIME
>   SMTP>> MAIL FROM:<>
>   SMTP>> RCPT TO:<user@???>
>   SMTP>> DATA
>   SMTP<< 250 ok
>   SMTP<<
> LOG: 0 MAIN
>   Malformed SMTP response from mx15.nameplanet.com [62.70.3.45] after DATA:
> Isn't DATA supposed to return a 300 response? Is the 250 the problem?
> Is there any fix?

As that MTA implements pipelining, what you are seeing is the first 250 ok
from the MAIL FROM:<> ... notice that your Exim sent nameplanet MAIL FROM:,
RCPT TO:, DATA: in a continuous stream without waiting for 250 ok (which is
what pipelining facilitates).

Looks like we have the rare case of an MTA which advertises pipelining and
doesn't implement it properly, or maybe it took exception to the contents of
your bounce message for some reason?

Try turning off pipelining for that one host somehow and see ... maybe even
force SMTP instead of ESMTP, by sending HELO.

    -srs

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian <----> mallet <at> efn dot org