Re[2]: [Exim] Re: Request for anti-spam feature in exim4

Autor: Sharun
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re[2]: [Exim] Re: Request for anti-spam feature in exim4
>> Okay, I solve this problem with couple of external scripts. Interesting ?
>> 2 hours of work = 250 hosts in my RBL :))
MBM> Fair, but how long did the script take to decide whether or not the host
MBM> was relaying? It seems fair to say that. Also, I believe your script is
MBM> badly written:

Ok, please show to us your good working script. My "badly written" scripts
works for me well.

MBM> Which reminds me of my other point
MBM> 6) there is no *one* way of relaying, different setups have different bugs
MBM>    which, in some cases, will allow you to use, for example the percent
MBM>    hack, or perhaps they'll do source-routing of mails, so the number of
MBM>    tests you have to do, and to understand is relatively high.
MBM>    Remembering, of course, to distinguish between straight relays and
MBM>    multihop relays.

Fight against SPAM is war without end. But in many cases (my mail box
fills with this sort of mail very fast - more than 20 messages/day,
while "normal" messages around 100-500/day) spammers algorythm very
trivial: scanned open relays and dialup/DSL machines, many of those
mail comes with mail_from on yahoo (callback to yahoo doesn't help).
Multihopped SPAM very rare.