Re: [Exim] system_filter_exim + relaying through provider's …

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Dave C.
Para: Scott Nolde
CC: ScaryG, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] system_filter_exim + relaying through provider's SMTP
On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, Scott Nolde wrote:

[problems with relaying]

Scot - yes. most mailing lists use a different address for bounces than
the list address - these addresses usually do accept mail, and either
get directed to the list operator, or to an automatic bounce processing
mechanism - they would have no affect on wether ScaryG's provider'ssmtp
relay server would accept the message for relaying from him. His problem
appears not to be related to his reverse DNS (which is usually not a
prerequisite for relaying), nor to the address he is trying to send to,
but to a confusion regarding which host he should be using as a
smarthost - his ordinary mail to this list appears to have been relayed
through a dfferrent server than the one the rejected message was trying
to get sent to.