Re: [Exim] Mixed Case E-Mail Adresses??

Author: Tabor J. Wells
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Mixed Case E-Mail Adresses??
On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 09:05:26PM +0100,
Tamas TEVESZ <ice@???> is thought to have said:

> On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, George R. Kasica wrote:
>
>  > >  carolAIS@???
>       ^^^^^^^^
>  > >    unknown local-part "carolais" in domain "netwrx1.net"
>                             ^^^^^^^^

> see ? exim doesn't make a distinction between cases. i can promise you
> that. (in fact, i had a little research on this the other day, as i
> realized i left out lowercase conversion from my mail setup, and i
> found it doesn't make a flying difference. somewhere along the lines i
> couldn't reveal even with the highest debug levels, it got converted
> to lowercase, which just suits my sql table fine).

I think George may be saying that he wants caseful local parts. In which
case I think he should look at unsetting the locally_caseless option. See
section 49.15 of the spec for details.

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality