Re: [Exim] Re: Mail delivery failed: returning message to se…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Sean Witham
CC: exim-users, info-cyrus
Subject: Re: [Exim] Re: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender
On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, Sean Witham wrote:

> >   bugs@???
> >     Child process of cyrus_pipe transport returned 65 (could mean
> > error in input data) from command: /usr/pkg/cyrus/bin/deliver

> > The following text was generated during the delivery attempt:
> >
> > ------ bugs@??? ------
> >
> > +bugs: Message contains invalid header

<rant>
Don't you just hate it when stupid software does that? Why the %^&*
can't it tell you *which* header it doesn't like? Or is it being very
technical, and using "header" to mean the entire header section of the
message and not just one line? But in either event, it really should be
capable of giving more detail. Bah.
</rant>

But actually, I think I might be able to guess the problem:

> cyrus_pipe:
> driver = pipe
> command = "/usr/pkg/cyrus/bin/deliver -m $local_part"
> user = cyrus
> group = mail
> delivery_date_add
> envelope_to_add
> return_path_add
> return_output
> ignore_status = false
> temp_errors = 75

Try adding

prefix =
suffix =

as it tells you to do in the manual, section 18.5.