[Exim] Re: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Sean Witham
Para: exim-users, info-cyrus
Assunto: [Exim] Re: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender
I thought it was time to demonstrate my cyrus/exim ignorance. Would
anyone like to say what is wrong with the headers generated by exim
in the message below that would have caused cyrus to reject it ?

I was creating a seperate director to handle a limited set of "top
level" mailboxes in the cyrus tree. I already have a working
cyrus_users director which using a cyrus_lmtp transport to deliver
messages to user mailboxes. This uses an lmtp driver and the cyrus
deliver program with the "-l" option.

Not knowing any better I created a new director cirus_boxes and a new
transport cyrus_pipe to handle a selected list of top level mailboxes
in our cyrus tree. There may be a much simpler approach. The
cyrus_pipe transport uses the pipe director and uses the cyrus
deliver program again but with "-m $local_part".
When I run the command by hand from a shell it seems to work fine but
when exim uses the deliver command this way it rejects the message.
Below is what was returned by exim. It looks as thought deliver has
rejected a header in the message. The message I delivered by hand
would not have included the headers generated by exim.

Here is the cyrus_pipe transport from my configuration file:
cyrus_pipe:
driver = pipe
command = "/usr/pkg/cyrus/bin/deliver -m $local_part"
user = cyrus
group = mail
delivery_date_add
envelope_to_add