Re: [Exim] Can ignore_target_hosts help?

Author: Marc MERLIN
To: ScaryG
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Can ignore_target_hosts help?
On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 02:57:54PM -0500, ScaryG wrote:
> > panoramix:/etc/mail# host -t MX worldclasssportfishing.net
> > worldclasssportfishing.net      MX      30 mail
> > !!! worldclasssportfishing.net MX host mail is not canonical

> Looks like the problem is an incorrect entry in the zone's DNS.
>
> Missing something (like the rest of the domain after mail)
>
> Change the MX record record to read
>
> worldclasssportfishing.net.    IN      MX      30
> mail.worldclasssportfishing.net.

> notice the trailing periods ;-)

I understand the problem very well, but it's not my zone :-)

I'm contacting the people who own it, but I shouldn't have to deal with 200+
frozen Emails because someone is serving a bad zone (and the part that
confuses me is that with bind, if you set "mail" in the zone, it will add
the origin, which typically is the domain in the zone, so I'm surprised to
see "mail" all by itself (maybe they actually added a trailing dot)).

I'm somehow hoping that there is a way for exim or the resolver to not try
to deliver a mail if the MX is an unqualified hostname.

Marc

Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/ | Finger marc_f@??? for PGP key