Re: [Exim] spam

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: barry
To: Dave C.
CC: Kirill Miazine, exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] spam
On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 01:24:48PM -0500, Dave C. mumbled:

<catchall stuff>

> Its not the From: (either the header or the envelope) this is concerened
> with, its the To: (the envelope, sepcifically.
> If the server that has some message that was for some account on their
> system that doesnt exist, and say they are from fakeperson@???,
> then that server will connect to you and say:
> HELO domainname
> MAIL FROM: <>
> Using receiver_verify, could arrange your server so that it said
> "550 No such user" after the RCPT TO command, and your server would then
> never have to receive the message at all. You specifically want to
> *disable* that catchall director, you only want to receive message that
> are to valid recipients at your server, you dont want to receve mail
> that is sent to somerandommadeupaddress@???, you want to reject
> it.

I did disable the catchall when I enabled the verify, I must have something
else that's causing it to reach postmaster rather than rejecting at that point

--
-Barry Hughes
>Ever heard of .cshrc?

That's a city in Bosnia.  Right?
(Discussion in comp.os.linux.misc on the intuitiveness of commands.)
                             http://bazza.com/