Re: Re[2]: [Exim] Trouble compiling exim on freebsd-2.2.8

Author: Sheldon Hearn
To: Sharun
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: Re[2]: [Exim] Trouble compiling exim on freebsd-2.2.8

On Fri, 30 Nov 2001 15:36:37 +0200, Sharun@??? wrote:

| SH> You need an updated version of BIND, which will supply the necessary
| SH> definition in <arpa/nameser.h>. The RELENG_2_2 branch includes
| SH> bind-4.9.7-t1b, which is probably worth upgrading for a number of other
| SH> reasons.
|
| bind was not run on this machine

I don't think that's correct. You mean "named is not run on this
machine". However, the BIND distribution provides the resolver that
Exim, amongst other things, will use.

| SH> Remember that the RELENG_2_2 branch is no longer maintained by the
| SH> FreeBSD Security Officer team.
|
| Yeah, I know, but for mailhub/web enough

If you say so. I'd prefer to stick to answering your question about
Exim, than arguing off-topic about FreeBSD-specific issues. The answer
to your question about Exim is that you need an up-to-date resolver.

Ciao,
Sheldon.