Re: [Exim] Problems with "exim -bvs"

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: I. Forbes
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Problems with "exim -bvs"
On Thu, 29 Nov 2001, I. Forbes wrote:

> If I run
>
> "exim -bvs spammer@???"
>
> I get this result as validdomain.com is in fact a valid domain.
>
> "spammer@??? verified"
>
> However if I add "spammer@???" to a lookup file
> listed in "sender_reject", the above address is still verified.

Correct. Verification is just that: it checks whether the address
verifies by routing it. It does not attempt to apply policy controls
that would apply to an incoming message.

> I am using exim 3.12. Is this a bug in exim, or something I have
> missed in the documentation?

A misunderstanding. I'll try to make it clearer in the Exim 4
documentation. But actually, things are much more flexible in Exim 4,
because you can insist on sender verification for some recipients but
not for others, for example.