Re: [Exim] Config Help

Author: Yann Golanski
To: Mike
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Config Help
Quoth Mike on Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 04:55:46AM +0000
> I've just installed Exim3.33 on RH7.2 with help from the list.

Yes, we noticed you asked a question which I generally say RTFA as I
have answered it far toomany times... still, glade it worked.

> When I try and run Exim from the command line I get the following error:
> "Exim Configuration Error
> "host_accept_relay" option set for the second time in line 94"
>
> I have checked the config file but this line is commented out (#'d) and is
> definately not in twice, any suggestions?

That's definitly not something I have seen before. There is a debugging
switch to exim and I suggest you use this one and copy your
configuration to config.test.

That way, the command "exim -d [0-9] -C ./config.test" will be your
basic testing command. You can then add commands such as -bt -bh and
others to test it. A lot of it is explained in the manual in the section
on Testing Exim.

> Does anyone know of a sample config files for a dynamic IP dial up set up. I
> want to relay mail from my local network (192.168.0.0/24) and think I will
> need to use smart_host to relay through my ISP. Or does anyone know of a
> good Exim tutorial (aimed at newbies), I searched Google but it did not come
> back with much.

smart_host to send all your mail to the ISP replay servers, see the FAQ
there is an example there.

There was talk of a install guide for newbies, but I cann't remember the
URL off hand... anyone else? Link to it from www.exim.org?

There is of course a wonderfull book written by Philip Hazel available
from O'Reilly press.

Hope that helps.

--
                         www.kierun.org