Re: [Exim] Re: about SMTP callback.

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Claus Assmann
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Re: about SMTP callback.
On Thu, Nov 29, 2001, Marc MERLIN wrote:

> Well, being a heavy user of SMTP callback, I can tell you the
> problems/features needed:

> - caching of positive callbacks (by far #1)
> (I do not really want caching of negative results, as I'd rather have
> people who just fixed their mail server be able to send right away)

You can have this via a mechanism like dsn.rfc-ignorant.org,
i.e., DNS.

Add to the list:

Not performing a callback twice to the same MX record like
sourceforge.net does. That is:

MAIL FROM:<x@???>
DATA
From: <x@domain>

with

domain.        MX 10    host.domain.
host.domain.    MX 10    host.domain.

causes 2 SMTP connections from sourceforge (unless I misunderstood
your explanation why your MTA connects twice to my system when I
send an e-mail; in once case it connected 6 times... probably
due to some forwarding?)