Re: [Exim] remote_smtp "delivery notification" ?

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Philip Hazel
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: sneumann
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] remote_smtp "delivery notification" ?
On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, Steffen Neumann wrote:

> I am using exim on a dialup machine,
> so the exim queue is run whenever the machine
> goes online and every n minutes while online.
>
> I'd like to have a feedback to via Mail
> as soon as the queue is emptied,
> that is after/during the remote_smtp transport.

After the remote_smtp transport is after ONE message has been delivered,
not when the queue is emptied. You can do something after the queue run
is done by:

(a) Running the queue manually from some script, which does something
after "exim -q" has completed.

(b) Writing a script to "tail" the Exim main log, looking for "End queue
run" messages.

However, these don't guarantee the queue is emptied. They just guarantee
that the queue run is complete. To check that the queue is really empty,
you need to ls the /var/spool/exim/input directory to see if it is
empty.

> Ideally I'd like to use shadow_transport
> to send a header_only version of the Mail
> back to the sender as success confirmation.

Shadow transports are available only for local deliveries, I'm afraid.