Re: [Exim] Bcc problem ! - Bcc headers in Body of mail !

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: John W Baxter
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Bcc problem ! - Bcc headers in Body of mail !
At 15:56 +1000 11/28/2001, Chris Goh wrote:
>One the two occasions, two of our staff has bulk email out their retail
>customers. They all add up to around 1000 contacts. which btw, if anyone is
>interested, makes the mail header over 72k big.
>
>All the contacts were in Bcc: plus 'the staf themself' in the To:.
>
>I havent had confirmation from ALL customers, but so far the staff had three
>customers inform them that their mail outs contained all the hundreds or
>email addresses in the body of the email. (which should have been in Bcc
>instead)

This sounds like a stray blank line being inserted into what the MUA
intended to be the Bcc: header. That line marks the end of the headers (by
definition)...anything following it is message body. [The MUA could do
better, such as by stopping and issuing a warning, or even just silently
cutting off the Bcc: in the middle (Macintosh Eudora).

A different mass mailing technique (at least to the remaining
contacts...those who don't demand to be removed from the list because of
the problem) is indicated.

  --John
--
John Baxter   jwblist@???      Port Ludlow, WA, USA