Re: [Exim] buggy exim

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Dave C.
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Gary Ferrer
Kopio: Exim Users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] buggy exim

Exim is probably trying to do one of:

1. Trying to do reverse DNS lookup on the remote IP address, and the DNS
servers are taking very long to answer or not answering at all.

2. Trying to do an rfc1413 ident query, and you've recently
added/modified/upgraded some ort of firewall which instead of returning
a refusal or rejection of the ident packets, is silently dropping them.

To troubleshoot

1. do 'exim -d11 -bh 1.2.3.4'

and see where they delay is

2. add

rfc1413_hosts = ! *

and/or

lookup_hosts = ! *

to your config to disable one/both of these functions, and see which
causes the delay to go away.

After you've determine that, you can either keep the relevant option
disabled (if you dont need/want it), or fix whatever is causing those
types of lookups to be delayed