[Exim] Filtering Question / Outlook Question

Top Pagina
Auteur: Mark D. Scudder
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: [Exim] Filtering Question / Outlook Question
Very informative list. And coming from qmail, I gotta say that Exim is a
beautiful thing.

Question #1: I've been through the Exim Specification and the FAQ, and I
haven't run across an answer to this. I'd like to have Exim reject mail
based on the content of subject lines, specifically the string of spaces in
a spam e-mail subject. For example, I get e-mail all the time with a
subject that looks like this:

You've won a FREE vacation!                               [265987235]

I'm thinking if I can have Exim reject every mail that has a string of 10 or
more spaces in the subject, I'd be doing pretty well. However, I don't know
how to do this or even where I'd put it in the configuration file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

----

Question #2: I'm around a lot of Windows machines, and more often than not
I pick up my mail with Outlook 2000. When I get the Exim-Users Digest, it
appears as a message with n+2 attachments, where n is the number of messages
in the digest that day (and the +2 is the digest header and footer). Pine
reads the message as one contiguous message (although i see "attachment"
headers so this is more Pine's handling of attachments rather than handling
of the e-mail correctly). I'd like to know first if this is by design or a
limitation of your mailing list processor, and if there's a way to change
the behavior to a more RFC-compliant digest. I understand that there's a
lot of talk here about MTAs not changing a message, but I think it's widely
accepted that in a mailing list Digest the e-mails are "processed" into a
single e-mail, and repackaged as such. In its current form the list is very
difficult to read, and I get a ton of email so digest is about the only
option for me.

Replies of "don't run Windows" will not be honored :-).

----

And again, to whom it may concern, thanks for Exim. It's a great mailer,
and I like that it's rock-solid and secure and it still gives me the choice
to run inetd if I wish (instead of that tcpwrappers thing that qmail makes
you run unless you want to be an open relay) :-)

-Mark