Re: [Exim] TCP service "smtp" not found

Top Pagina
Auteur: Gerrit P. Haase
Aan: Jason Robertson
CC: exim-users, Julian King
Nieuwe Onderwerpen: [Exim] condition for localuser delivery
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] TCP service "smtp" not found
Hallo Jason,

Am 2001-11-25 um 20:55 schriebst du:

> Actually it has been created but it might not be able to find the file
> still, because of the format of the directory structure.. It might be
> from my memory, the CRLF ending.. Remember DOS/Win still uses CRLF,
> yet unix just uses CR as the end of line marker.

Cywgin != Windows
You should install NT on a box and Cygwin on top of it and you would be
impressed!

Cygwin uses LF as lineendings, I have POSIX paths, I type in
$ ls /etc/services
/etc/services*
and you see I have /etc/services

The Cygwin function to look up the services uses the native Windows call,
then it is looked up in the NT system directory, if Cygwin looks up the
file it doesn't matter if there are lf/cr or just lf.
But I use bind to do this.

> probably you should edit this with vim, this might be able to save this
> properly.

Come on, I build some other programs before exim, the problem here is with
bind and getsrvbyname() which doesn't return the right thing. Maybe s.th.
in the bind port is broken.

Ciao,

Gerrit P. Haase                            mailto:gp@familiehaase.de
--