[Exim] buggy exim

Top Pagina
Auteur: Gary Ferrer
Aan: Exim Users
Onderwerp: [Exim] buggy exim
Exim has recently developed a problem that I cant figure out. The exim logs show no problem. This just started occurring today, I haven't touched exim or anything else on the system. When my email client tries to connect to the server on port 25, it times out! Once it worked after about 5 minutes of waiting. If I try to telnet into the port, it connects but I don't get the normal message:

"220 server.xxx.net ESMTP Exim 3.16 #1 Sat, 24 Nov 2001 11:58:33 -0800"

i just get:

"Escape character is '^]'." Internal mail delivery test (exim -d9 user@???) work fine and get delivered.

The process list looks like this:

"exim  8648     1  0 12:28:16 ?        0:00 /usr/lib/sendmail -bd -q15m"

I start exim from /etc/init.d/sendmail. I'm wondering if I have to make changes to the init file because it's very sendmail specific. None the less, it's been working quite well until now. Where should I be looking?

Thanks.

PS: Please reply to email directly as I'm not on the list.

Gary Ferrer
gary@???