Re: [Exim] TCP service "smtp" not found

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Gerrit P. Haase
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] TCP service "smtp" not found
Hallo Julian,

Am 2001-11-24 um 17:28 schriebst du:

>> $ exim -bd -d2
>> Exim version 3.33 debug level 2 uid=1040 gid=1041
>> Berkeley DB: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 3.1.17: (July 31, 2000)
>> Caller is an admin user
>> Caller is a trusted user
>> LOG: 0 PANIC DIE
>> cannot find smtp/tcp service

> From daemon.c:

>     if ((smtp_service = getservbyname("smtp", "tcp")) == NULL)
>       log_write(0, LOG_PANIC_DIE, "cannot find smtp/tcp service");

> So the problem is that getservbyname is failing.

Ah yes, sure, here were Cygwin functions (which only calls corresponding
Windows functions) mixed up with functions of bind. Unfortunately Cygwin
and newlib include no resolver which is very bad in this case.
So I need to use bind and make sure that the native Windows functions are
not used.

> The only other place that function call appears seems to be readconf.c
> which is what causes your other error message.

> I don't know Cygwin, so I don't know if this function has been
> implemented however assuming it hasn't, which seems to be the
> case then it shouldn't be too hard to emulate it.

> However, as far as I am aware there are other aspects to exim which
> are likely to cause far more grief during a port. In particular
> the filesystem semantics are I believe significantly different.

Yes, always problems with cr/lf lineendings, but most of these are
handled by libcygwin, I think it should work if I get the resolver
stuff to work.

Ciao,

Gerrit P. Haase                            mailto:gp@familiehaase.de
--