Re: [Exim] TCP service "smtp" not found

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Julian King
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] TCP service "smtp" not found
> $ exim -bd -d2
> Exim version 3.33 debug level 2 uid=1040 gid=1041
> Berkeley DB: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 3.1.17: (July 31, 2000)
> Caller is an admin user
> Caller is a trusted user
> LOG: 0 PANIC DIE
> cannot find smtp/tcp service

From daemon.c:

    if ((smtp_service = getservbyname("smtp", "tcp")) == NULL)
      log_write(0, LOG_PANIC_DIE, "cannot find smtp/tcp service");

So the problem is that getservbyname is failing.
The only other place that function call appears seems to be readconf.c
which is what causes your other error message.

I don't know Cygwin, so I don't know if this function has been
implemented however assuming it hasn't, which seems to be the
case then it shouldn't be too hard to emulate it.

However, as far as I am aware there are other aspects to exim which
are likely to cause far more grief during a port. In particular
the filesystem semantics are I believe significantly different.

> Gerrit P. Haase                            mailto:gp@familiehaase.de

Julian
--
Julian King
Computer Officer, University of Cambridge, Unix Support