著者: Gerrit P. Haase
To: Dan Lowe
CC: Exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] TCP service "smtp" not found
Hallo Dan,

Am 2001-11-24 um 16:19 schriebst du:

> On Sat, 2001-11-24 at 10:13, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
>>
>> > What OS is this? What does your /etc/nsswitch.conf say about
>> > "services"? (i.e. "grep services /etc/nsswitch.conf").
>>
>> Cygwin on NT4, I have no file named /etc/nsswitch.conf, is it
>> important to have it?

> I'm not too familiar with Cygwin, so I'm not sure how it would handle
> things. On a typical Unix system, nsswitch.conf defines where things
> are looked up (for instances, you can use nsswitch.conf to have a system
> look up hosts only in /etc/hosts, or only in DNS, or in both).

> My theory was that you may have some other sort of directory service
> defined as a resource for "services" such as NIS, and that would mean
> that looking in /etc/services and finding smtp would not be the last
> word on the matter. However, on a Cygwin system I don't know where you
> would go to find out if this is the case or not.

I found some (many) hints with googlen, well I think it is not needed,
but I created one now. (But the error remains).

P.S.: Is it usual in this list to answer private and to 'not CC'
to the list?

Ciao,

Gerrit P. Haase                            mailto:gp@familiehaase.de
--