Re: [Exim] SMTP AUTH as smarthost

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Dave C.
Para: F?bio Berbert de Paula
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] SMTP AUTH as smarthost
<-- Warning: charset 'X-UNKNOWN' is not supported -->

On Fri, 23 Nov 2001, F?bio Berbert de Paula wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I have one intranet and a mail server with SMTP AUTH and my
> local machines don't have permission to relay messages to
> the mail server. All machines of my intranet are configured
> as a smarthost for mail server.
>
> local machine:
>
> smarthost:
> driver = domainlist
> transport = remote_smtp
> route_list = "* my.mailserver.com bydns_a"
>
> and in authenticators configuration:
>
> fixed_plain:
> driver = plaintext
> public_name = PLAIN
> client_send = "^login^password"
>

> The problem is that my local machine does not send the
> auth login/password to the mail server. Is this the right
> way ? How can I configure this ?

They wont, unless you configure it. If these machines are on a
physically controlled network (usually like 192.168*, you could remove
the SMTP AUTH stuff, set host_accept_relay = 192.168.0.0/16..

SMTP AUTH is mainly for clients connecting from roaming locations, where
you can count on the IP to prove who they are, so instead you require a
password.