Re: [Exim] Unique ID's not unique

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Miquel van Smoorenburg
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Unique ID's not unique
In article <017101c1739b$0c1a9b80$2101a8c0@stevecomp>,
Steve Allanketner <exim@???> wrote:
>I am having messages generated to me through one particular smtp which have
>the same unique id as shown through the uidl command issued by my MUA.

The UIDL is generated by the POP3 server, and should be unique for
every message in the message store. Exim doesn't generate it.

Now it could be that the POP3 server uses the message-id as UIDL.
That is completely broken, since it's perfectly valid to have the
same message with the same message-id in a mailbox twice.

Anyway this sounds like a bug in the POP3 server you're using,
or perhaps in the MUA.

Mike.
--
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
and I'm not sure about the former" -- Albert Einstein.