Re: [Exim] 'Temporary Local Failure'?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Greg Ward
Para: Bastian Bense
CC: Exim Mailing List
Asunto: Re: [Exim] 'Temporary Local Failure'?
On 22 November 2001, Bastian Bense said:
> I've set up my exim server with mysql but if i try to send mail from a
> email client it says 'Recipient '....' refused on '192.168.0.206'
> temporary local failure; please try later'
> I also checked the logs, but couldnt find anything.

You probably have Exim setup to do receiver verification, and
192.168.0.206 doesn't reverse-resolve on your local DNS. (It has to be
local DNS, since that IP address is reserved for private networks.)

Easy fix is to turn off receiver verification for your local network,
eg.
receiver_verify_hosts = !192.168.0.0/8

or
receiver_verify_hosts = !192.168.0.0/16

(depending on how big your local network is).

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - software developer                gward@???