Re: [Exim] Blocking mail from "frozen" addresses

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: I. Forbes
Para: Dave C., exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Blocking mail from "frozen" addresses
Hello Dave

On 21 Nov 2001, at 11:34, Dave C. wrote:

> Ah yes, but you were talking about frozen messages, which I presume to
> mean that the _recipient_ is also invalid? If you set receiver_verify,
> then exim can check the recipient at SMTP time, and refuse to accept the
> message entirely..

You raise a good point. We do have recipient verification in place. I
have done a quick investigation, it seems most of the frozen
bounces originate from over quota mailboxes, or broken aliases
which are not detected by exim at the first stage.

This means there would be a far bigger list of frozen bounces to
block if I did not have recipient verification in place.

Perhaps I should have a look at the "sender verification with
callback" option. Are both "positive" and "negative" responses to
the callback process cached in "hints" databases for a period?

If so I think it may well be worth trying. Does anybody have first
hand experience?

Thanks

Ian

Ian Forbes ZSD
http://www.zsd.co.za
Office: +27 21 683-1388 Fax: +27 21 674-1106
Snail Mail: P.O. Box 46827, Glosderry, 7702, South Africa