Re: [Exim] check localparts on backup mx

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Kirill Miazine
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] check localparts on backup mx
On Wed, 21 Nov 2001, Kirill Miazine wrote:

> Since I have a list of all valid users I would like to reject all RCPT
> commands to users of that domain that don't exist.
>
> I'm stuck. I don't know whether I should be using a director or a router. I
> first thought of a dummy director that should have domains and local_parts
> options set, but the domain is not local, so directors would not be tested.

You should probably use a router with local_parts and domains settings
and verify_only, fail_verify set, to force verification for local parts
you do *not* recognize. VERY roughly (off the top of my head, unchecked):

xxx:
driver = domainlist
verify_only
fail_verify
domains = the.domain
local_parts = !lsearch;/list/of/local/parts
route_list = *

In Exim 4 there is a "call forward" feature which will let you to
dynamic checking by making an SMTP call to the host you are relaying to.
Also, with the merging of directors and routers, the kind of approach
suggested above becomes much simpler.