[Exim] How to integrate imapd with exim?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Peter Robbins
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] How to integrate imapd with exim?

hello,

I am in dire need of some help, and can't seem to gleen what I need from
FAQs or Exim documentation... both of which I have read.

We are trying to add imap capabilities to our mail server. In an effort
to do this, I have constructed the following:

Linux Mandrake 8.0 (kernel 2.4.3-20mdk) on a PIII/600 with 192 MB RAM
Exim 3.33
Cyrus SASL 1.5.27
Cyrus IMAPD 2.0.16
IMHO 0.98-3
Roxen 2.2.230

Everything seems to configure and compile, however, I am unable to
connect to the imap server.

I get the following errors:

using imtest -m login -p imap <hostname>
C: C01 CAPABILITY
failure: prot layer failure

Looking at my system logs after configuring and restarting xinetd, I
get:
imapd: could not getenv(CYRUS_SERVICE);

Shouldn't the installation of cyrus-imapd take care of setting this var?
I have not read anything that says otherwise

Last, I have changed the configuration file for exim to handle local
deliveries thus:
local_delivery:
driver = pipe
command = "/usr/cyrus/bin/deliver ${local_part}"
return_path_add
prefix = ""
user = cyrus

Hopefully, someone out there can help me with this. I'd hate to abandon
exim for some commercial product especially since it has worked so well
for us these last 3 years.

Thanks in advance.

Pete Robbins
Technical Operations Manager