[Exim] Blocking mail from "frozen" addresses

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: I. Forbes
Para: exim-users
Temas antigos: [Exim] Authentication with PAM
Asunto: [Exim] Blocking mail from "frozen" addresses
Hello All

We always seem to have a collection of frozen messages sitting on
our mail queue with return addresses like
"spammer123@???" (or others that would not get through
a decency filter ...). Our setup keeps these on the queue for a few
days and then deletes them. Often there are multiple messages
from the same address. Obviously for every message that gets
stuck, there are many more that get through to clog up our users
mailboxes.

I was wondering is it possible to setup something that scans the
mail queue periodically and adds the return addresses of any
frozen messages to a "sender_reject" list. Obviously this could be
done independently of exim, with the aid of a python or perl script.

- Has anybody tried anything like this?

-   Is this a function which could/should be incorporated into exim
    itself?

If a sender is trying to send e-mail and his return address is invalid,
as demonstrated by frozen bounce messages addressed to that
address, surely it is a valid response to deny further mail from that
sender.

Any comments?

Ian

Ian Forbes ZSD
http://www.zsd.co.za
Office: +27 21 683-1388 Fax: +27 21 674-1106
Snail Mail: P.O. Box 46827, Glosderry, 7702, South Africa